We shall be discussing the utme subject combination for agriculture in Nigeria, Studying Agriculture in Nigerian Tertiary Institutions today has been a great decision made by any admission seeking candidate who wish to be an agriculturist or moreover have the intention of contributing greatly to the sustainability of the national economy through farm production or increasing employment rate in the country.
Are you willing to get admission into any university in Nigeria that offer agriculture? Do you wish to know the admission requirements for the course? Do you wish to know the benefits of studying this course?, if yes, then follow this article till the last page then you will definitely get all the information that you desire.
Subject combination for Agriculture
- English Language
According to JAMB, i will give highlight of the admission requirements to applying for Agriculture under the Faculty of Agriculture in Nigeria, requirements such A’level, ND, HND, NCE, etc for Direct Entry candidates, as well as other information you need to successfully apply for the course.
The content of the below information contains
- List of Universities in Nigeria that offer Agriculture
- UTME Subject Combination For Agriculture
- Special requirements (waivers) remarks
- Why you should study Agriculture in Nigeria
List of Universities in Nigeria that Offer Agriculture as accredited by the National Universities Commission (NUC)
- Ahmadu Bello University
- Adamawa State University
- Anambra State University
- Babcock University
- Bayero University Kano
- Benson Idahosa University
- Bowen University
- Bukar Abba Ibrahim University
- Crawford University
- Cross River State University of Technology
- Delta State University
- Ebonyi State University
- Ekiti State University
- Federal University Of Agriculture, Makurdi
- Federal University, Dutse
- Federal University, Dutsin-ma
- Federal University, Kashere
- Federal University, Oye-ekiti
- Federal University, Wukari
- Gregory University, Uturu
- Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University
- Igbinedion University
- Imo State University
- Kaduna State university
- Kano University Of Science And Technology
- Kebbi State University Of Science And Technology
- kogi State University
- Kwara State University
- Ladoke Akintola University of Technology
- Landmark University
- Michael Okpara University of Agriculture
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University
- Olabisi Onabanjo University
- Plateau State University
- Rivers State University of Science and Technology
- University of Abuja
- University of Ilorin
- University of Jos
- University of Maiduguri
- University of Nigeria
- University of Uyo
- Usman Dan Fodio University
- Wesley University Of Science And Technology
UTME Subject Combination
- Writing UTME, be aware that English Language is compulsory for all courses. The other three subjects required to study Agriculture under the Faculty of Agriculture in the institutions listed above are:
Chemistry, Biology/Agriculture and any one of Physics and Mathematics.
Some Universities Special Requirements (Waiver) Remarks
- UNILORIN, UDUSOK and IMSU accept Economics or Geography in lieu of Physics/Mathematics.
- IBBU requires Chemistry, Physics and Biology
- ABU requires Chemistry, Biology/Agriculture and Mathematics..
O’Level Requirements for UTME Candidates
- To apply for Agriculture as a UTME candidate, you are required to have: Five SSCE credit passes to include English Language, Biology/Agricultural Science, Chemistry and any one of Mathematics, Physics, Geography and Economics.
Special Requirements (Waiver) Remarks
- UNIBADAN requires five credit passes including English Language, Biology,/Agric Sci, Chemistry, Mathematics and any one of Geography, Physics, and Economics.
- MOUAU accepts Five O’ level credit Passes in not more than two sittings to include: English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology, or Agricultural Science and any other science subjects. It also requires at least a Pass in Physics. A Credit in Agricultural Science must be backed up with at least a Pass in Biology
- OOU, EKSU and UNILORIN accept a pass in Physics.
- IMSU accepts a pass in Mathematics, if a candidate has credit in Physics and vice versa.
- ABU requires credits in Mathematics and Physics.
- UNIBADAN, EKSU and UNILORIN require credit in Agric Science and at least a pass in Biology.
- UDUSOK and AAU accept a pass in ‘O’ level English language.
- IMSU may accept a pass in Maths if a candidate has credit in Physics and vice- versa.
- UNILORIN accepts a pass in Physics.
- TASUED requires O’ Level credit pass in Agriculture Science with at least a pass in Biology.
- BIU requires at least a pass in Physics.
- ABU requires five ‘O’ level credit passes to include English Language, Biology/Agric Science, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics, Geography and Economics.
- BAYERO requires five O’ Level Credit passes to include English Language, Biology/Agric Science, Chemistry and any one of Mathematics/Physics, Geography.
- FED-WUKARI requires five O’ level credit Passes in not more than two sittings to include: English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology, or Agricultural Science and any of Physics, Geography and Economics.
- KSU requires five Credit passes at SSCE and/or GCE O/L in English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology or Agricultural Science, Economics or any other Science/Social science subject and a pass in Physics. A Credit in Agricultural Science must be backed up with at least a pass in Biology.
- FED-OYEEKITI requires credit pass in Physics
and consideration can be given to candidates with credit pass in Mathematics and pass in Physics.
- BABCOCK requires Five ‘O’ Level credit passes to include English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology/Agriculture Science, Physics/Geography, Home Economics/Food and Nutrition.
Requirements for Direct Entry Candidates
- To apply for Agriculture as a Direct Entry candidate, you require: Two A level passes in Chemistry and one from Biology/Botany/Zoology/Agric Science, Economics, Physics, Geography and Geology/Mathematics (Pure and Applied).
Special Requirements (Waiver) Remarks
- ABSU and UNIMAID accept OND (Agriculture) into 100 level programme. (200 level for EDSU).
- IBBU and UNILORIN require ‘A’ level pass in both Chemistry and Biology.
- UNIMAID, UNIBADAN and AAU, (merit level) accepts NCE with Agric double major.
- IMSU – Accepts ND/NCE (Double Major) or HND in Agriculture or related discipline with at least a merit pass into 200 level and HND (Upper) into 300 level.
- UDUSOK, and ABU accept OND (distinction), HND (credit), NCE (double major) at credit level in Agriculture. UDUSOK accepts ND (Upper credit) and HND (Lower credit).
- UNIBADAN and MOUAU accept OND/HND in the related fields. UNIBADAN Agricultural candidates must apply to read Agriculture Until 500 level when options will be available.
- AAU accepts Chemistry, Biology or Agriculture at ‘A’ level and OND (Upper credit) in Agricultural Science and HND (Agric) not below credit pass.
- EBSU and MOUAU accept OND/ND (Distinction/Credit), HND credit into 200 level while those with OND/ND (lower credit) NCE (Double Major) at credit/merit level in Agric are admitted into 100 level.
- MOUAU requires ‘A’ level pass in Chemistry and
- UNILORIN accepts OND/NCE credit pass in Agriculture into 200 level while those with HND may be admitted into 300 level.
- IBBU and DELSU accept OND (Upper credit) in Agric. plus five relevant credit passes at O/level.
- BIU accept OND/NCE with distinction or credits into 200 level.
- EKSU requires a minimum of credit pass in Physics and accepts ND (Upper credit pass) in Agric related field. Forestry Assistant Certificate from IITA, UNIBADAN or any other relevant Higher Institution.
- UNILORIN accepts NCE (Merit grade) in Biology, Chemistry or Agriculture. Also accepts National Diploma in Banking/Finance, Business Management (Merit grade) plus UTME requirements.
- KUST accepts NCE/HND (Merit) ND in Chemistry/Biology (Upper credit)/any relevant qualification.
- AAU accepts ND/NCE (credit) in Agricultural Science. Requires at least a pass in Physics.
- KSUSTA accepts NCE in Agriculture Science
- UNILORIN accepts ND/NCE credit pass in Agriculture into 200 level while those with HND will be admitted into 300 level.
- BOWEN accepts NCE/OND or approved equivalent in relevant fields, IJMB at acceptable levels. For Food Science and Technology at least a pass in Physics is required.
- BIU requires in addition to the O’ level requirements specified in the table above, a minimum of two relevant subjects passed at GCE Advanced level or NCE (3 merits) or National Diploma in relevant field not below credit level.
- ABU accepts:
a) Two A level/IJMB passes in Chemistry and Biology/Botany/Zoology/Agric. Science, Economics, Physics, Geography and Geology/Mathematics (Pure and Applied).
b) HND in Agriculture related field of study with a minimum of Credit Pass.
- BAYERO accepts:
2. NCE Agriculture (double major)
3. NCE with Biology and Chemistry
- FED-OYEEKITI accepts ND, NCE with good passes in Chemistry, Biology/Agricultural Science as well as credit at O’ level ‘Physics, Chemistry,, Biology, Government Computer Literacy.
Note; The above information on jamb subject combination for Agriculture can be verified on Jamb Official Website.
Why you should Study Agriculture in Nigeria Tertiary Institutions.
As I have mentioned earlier, studying agriculture in Nigeria Tertiary Institutions helps with a lot of advantages, after you have offered admission, studied and obtained a degree in agriculture, you will be regard as an agriculturist. Basically your professional role centers on planning and production of crops such as beans. Rice, cashew nuts, kolanut, maize,melon, millet, palm kernel and several other agricultural products. All these are done with aim of feeding the nation, improving the economic system through reduction of unemployment rate by exporting agricultural products for sale.