The Subject Combination for Banking and Finance shall be discussed in this article, I know you would agree with me that in Nigeria today, almost everyone goes to the bank for financial transactions as that has been the safest way to save and withdraw monies in this modern age. As a result, several individuals, both young and old usually have one or two reasons to constantly visit the banking hall to make deposit or withdraw cash or probably make use of other services rendered by the bank.
Meanwhile, the elegant look of the interior and exterior part of the banking industries including the modern way of carrying out financial transactions motivates a lot many parents and children who happen to be admission seekers into tertiary institutions in the country.
Obviously, the bank officials also intensify the banking system encouragement through their professional looks. Over time this has made a lot of students who had gotten opportunity to have brief idea of what the banking system is all about to be inspired to study banking and finance in any of the Nigerian tertiary institution of their choice that offers this course.
Fundamentally, for any student to get admission into any tertiary institution in Nigeria, you have to know what studying the course entails, i.e what are the admission requirements to studying the course of your choice at any level.
Getting further in this article, I will be discussing the jamb (Joint Admission and Matriculation Board) subject combination for Banking and Finance in Nigeria.
I shall also give a brief detail of why students should study the course, the requirements needed to apply for the course in the higher institution, the tertiary institutions in the country that offer ‘Banking and Finance’, as well as the categories of Nigerian students that are eligible to apply for this course in any of the tertiary institutions of their choice in the country.
subject combination for banking and finance
- BANKING AND FINANCE
- English Language
- Government or Geography
We have brought to you the admission requirements to applying for Banking and Finance under the Faculty of Administration in Nigeria. You will see the JAMB subject combination needed to apply for the course, O’level requirements for UTME candidates, requirements such A’level, ND, HND, NCE, etc for Direct Entry candidates, as well as other information you need to successfully apply for the course.
The content of the below information contains
- List of Universities in Nigeria that offer Banking and Finance
- UTME Subject Combination For Banking and Finance
- Special requirements (waivers) remarks
- Why you should study Banking and Finance
List of Universities in Nigeria that Offer Banking and Finance as accredited by the National Universities Commission (NUC).
Abia State University
Adekunle Ajasin University
Delta State University
Ebonyi State University
Ekiti State University
Enugu State University Of Science And Technology
Federal University Of Agriculture, Makurdi
Federal University, Wukari
Imo State University
Nnamdi Azikiwe University
Olabisi Onabanjo University
Osun State University
Rivers State University of Science and Technology
University of Jos
University Of Mkar
University of Nigeria
University of Port-Harcourt
University of Uyo
Usman Dan Fodio University
Western Delta University
Please note that there are several other tertiary institutions in Nigeria (e.g Polytechnic) that offer banking and finance as a course of study, we decided to restrict our update to the universities alone for now because it is always the first choice of any candidate seeking admission into any tertiary institution.
UTME Subject Combination
Writing UTME, kindly be aware that English Language is compulsory for all courses. The other three subjects required to study Banking and Finance (Admin) under the Faculty of Administration in the institutions listed above are:
Mathematics, Economics, plus one of Government and Geography.
Special Requirements (Waiver) Remarks
1. UNIZIK does not accept Geography.
2. ESUT, UNN, OOU – Mathematics, Economics, plus any social science subject.
3. IGBINEDION UNIVERSITY accepts Commerce in lieu of Economics. UNILAG accepts Economics, Mathematics and any Science, Social Science or Arts subject.
Why you should Study Banking and Finance in Nigerian Tertiary Institutions.
This article will be definitely incomplete if we do not give some important reasons you should study banking and finance in the Polytechnic or University in Nigeria because we have discovered recently at NAIJA SCHOOL ADMISSION that a lot of students do not actually know the difference between studying banking and finance and other finance related courses in the tertiary institution, this makes them get confused by their selection means and most time they barely find professionals around them to give them adequate education on what the program entails and why to seek admission into higher institution of learning to study the course.
If you are among those that are worried about the essence of seeking admission into banking and finance department or know the lucratively of studying the course, don’t worry, you are not alone. I will be stating few benefits of studying the course which I am sure you will find it interesting and encouraging.
Below are few benefits of studying Banking & Finance in Nigeria
- Having a degree in Banking and finance will qualify you to have an automatic license to knowing what the banking and finance sector entails and it also qualifies you as a basic expert in banking or finance professional field.
- It will enable you to work in the banking or finance sector of your choice both in Nigeria and Abroad. Your chances of securing employment after you have graduated are very high, most especially when you improve your qualification by adding it up with relevant professional certificates in Banking or Finance.
- In Nigeria, being a graduate of banking and finance will open a lot of employment opportunities for you, not only in the banking sector but other agencies that are basically finance or finance related. Your opportunities tentacle spreads to working with federal, state, local government or private banks and finance sector/industries. It would also interest you to know that having the recognition of being a banker or a finance expert will attract several organization/business owners to want to hire you this days for their business/organization financial management. We all know that the primary aim of establishing any business is to make profit, and making profit you deal with finance, and handling finance requires proper management, and if not properly managed, the business collapses and that will be the end of it, therefore banking and finance is a very lucrative course to study.
- I am very sure this article has given a little or more insight on what studying banking and finance entails in Nigeria.
NAIJA SCHOOL ADMISSION is thanking you for reading!
Please share this update with colleagues, friends and associates who may need it.
For Further Enquiry, kindly drop comment(s) in our comment box, and we shall reply you as soon as possible.