In this article, the JAMB subject combination for business administration will be discussed. We have organized for you, the requirements to applying for Business Administration under the Faculty of Administration in Nigeria. You will see the JAMB subject combination ,O’level requirements for UTME candidates, requirements such A’level, ND, HND, NCE, etc for Direct Entry candidates, as well as other information you require to successfully apply for the course.
List of Universities in Nigeria that offer Business Administration
- Abia State University
- Adamawa State University
- Adekunle Ajasin University
- Ahmadu Bello University
- Anambra State University
- Bauchi State University
- Bayero University Kano
- Caritas University
- Covenant University
- Crescent University
- Cross River State University of Technology
- Delta State University
- Ekiti State University
- Elizade University
- Enugu State University Of Science And Technology
- Federal University, Kashere
- Federal University, Wukari
- Kwararafa University
- Lead City University
- Nasarawa State University
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University
- Olabisi Onabanjo University
- Osun State University
- University of Abuja
- University of Benin
- University of Jos
- University of Lagos
- University of Maiduguri
- University Of Mkar
- Usman Dan Fodio University
- Wellspring University
JAMB Subject Combination for Business Administration
- Use of English
- And one of government and Geography
In UTME, note that English Language is mandatory for all courses. The other three subjects required to study Business Administration under the Faculty of Administration in the institutions listed above are:
Mathematics, Economics, plus one of Government and Geography.
Special Requirements (Waiver) Remarks
- UNIZIK does not accept Geography.
- ESUT, UNN, OOU – Mathematics, Economics, plus any social science subject.
- IGBINEDION accepts Commerce in lieu of Economics. And UNILAG accepts Economics, Mathematics and any Science, Social Science or Arts subject.
- UNICAL does not accept Commerce and CRK as UTME subjects.
- AUN requires Mathematics, plus any other subjects from the following; Economics, Geography, Government, History, Literature in English, Further Mathematics, Technical Drawing, Visual Arts, Computer Studies, Information Technology, Civics, Environmental Science, Biology, Physics, Chemistry and French.
- EVANGEL requires Mathematics, Economics and any other subject.
O’Level Requirements for UTME Candidates
To apply for Business Administration as a UTME candidate, you require: Five SSCE credit including English, Mathematics, Economics, plus any two of Accounting, Business Methods, Commerce, Government, Geography, and Statistics.
Special Requirements (Waiver) Remarks
1. ABU does not accept a combination of Local Languages and Religious Knowledge.
2. BIU, AAUA, UNIUYO, UNIZIK, ESUT, EKSU, IMSU, UNIPORT and UNILAG require credit in Economics and two other subjects.
3. IMSU and BIU accept credit/merit in English Language in TC II.
4. UNIPORT requires Economics and does not accept commercial subjects.
5. UNILAG requires five ‘O’ level credits to include English language, Mathematics, Economics and any other Science, Social Science or Arts subject.
6. AUN requires Five ‘O’ level credit passes including English Language, Mathematics, and any other three subjects from the following; Economics, Geography, Government, History, Literature in English, Further Mathematics, Technical Drawing, Visual Arts, Computer Studies, Information Technology, Civics, Environmental Science, Biology, Physics, Chemistry and French.
7. AUN does not accept credit passes in the following; Agriculture, Food and Nutrition, Home Economics, Home Craft, Home management, Physical Education, Physical and Health Education, Music, Commerce, Accounting, Financial Accounting, Book keeping, Islamic History, Religious Studies, Tajweed, Library Studies, Diction, Kiswahili, Igbo, Hausa, Yoruba, Arabic, Turkish, Study skills.
8. UNN requires five O’ level credits to include:
English Language, Mathematics and any other relevant subjects. For NBC the other two relevant subjects could be from any of the following: Accounting, Principles of Accounts, Commerce, Office Practice and Economics.
9. EKSU requires credit pass in Economics plus other social Science subjects at the SSCE.
Requirements for Direct Entry Candidates
- To apply for Business Administration as a Direct Entry candidate, you require: Two ‘A’ level passes chosen from Economics, Accounts, Business Management, Government, Geography or Statistics.
Further to Subject Combination for Business Administration -Special Requirements (Waiver) Remarks
(i) UNN accepts
(a) AIB and other professional qualifications or HND in relevant fields plus UME requirement.
(b) As in Accountancy.
(ii) ESUT accepts ND in Management, Marketing, Accounting and Finance.
(iii) DELSU and ABSU accept ND in Banking/Finance with a minimum of ‘B’ overall average.
(iv) IMSU and UNIPORT – No Direct Entry
(v) OOU accepts ND/ND and NCE not below equivalent of Upper credit in relevant subjects from recognized institutions as well as Foundation/ Intermediate passes ICAN, ACCA, ICMA and CIPFA.
(vi) UNIPORT, ESUT and UNIZIK require Direct Entry applicants to possess UTME requirements.
(vii) OOU accepts ‘A’ level passes in Economics and other subjects plus ‘O’ level credits in English lang. and Mathematics.
(viii) RSUST accepts holders of the following qualifications for year II:-
(a) ND (Upper) in relevant fields or a Degree/HND not relevant to the field for admissions to 200 level;
(b) A Degree/HND relevant to the field for admissions to 300 level; while MCPHERSON accepts NCE with passes at merit level in relevant subjects, Foundation of professional examinations such as ICAN, ACCA, ICMA or ND/ND Upper Credit in relevant field.
(ix) UNIZIK does not accept Geography.
(x) EKSU accepts ND (Upper Credit) in relevant subject.
(xi) EBSU accepts ACIB, ND, NCE or HND passed at merit level in relevant fields in addition to O’ ‘level requirement.
(xii) IGBINEDION and UNICAL: as in Accounting. UNICAL does not accept IJMB/A’ level/NCE.
(xiii) AAUA accepts HND (Lower Credit) in Banking and Finance.
(xiv) OOU requires ‘A’ level passes in Economics and Accounting.
(xv) ANSU accepts ND/HND LOWER CREDIT or equivalent in relevant disciplines.
(xvi) AAUA accepts National Diploma at credit level in relevant Discipline
(xvii) UNIUYO accepts ND/HND in relevant fields. All Direct Entry candidates
must satisfy UTME requirement. UNIUYO accepts ND/HND in relevant fields not
below lower credit level. All Direct Entry candidates must satisfy UTME
requirement, while FUAM accepts:
a) Candidates should posses at least two GCE (A’ level) passes or its equivalent in any of the following subject: Economics, Principles of Accounts, Marketing, Business Management, Geography, Government and Commerce plus UTME requirements.
b) Candidates with National Diploma at upper credit in relevant field shall be considered for Direct Entry into year two (2) provided they satisfy the 0’level requirements.
c) Candidates with HND upper credit can be admitted into year three (3) and those with lower credit can be admitted into year 2 provided they satisfy the 0’level requirements
(xviii) AUN accepts
(a) ‘A’ level passes chosen from English Language, Mathematics, Economics, Geography, Government, History, Literature in English, Further Mathematics, Technical Drawing, Visual Arts, Computer Studies, Information Technology, Civics, Environmental Science, Biology, Physics, Chemistry and French.
(xix) AUN does not offer admissions direct to 200 level programs.
(xx) ABU accepts
(a) Two ‘A’ level passes in Accounting or Economics and any one other subject
(b) NCE with passes at merit level in relevant subjects.
(c) ND at credit level.
(xxi) UNIUYO accepts ND/HND in relevant fields not below lower credit level. All Direct Entry candidates must satisfy UTME requirements.
(xxii) EVANGEL requires two A’ level passes in Economics and any of Science, Social Science or Management subjects plus O’level requirements.
(xxiii) EBSU accepts HND, ACIB, ND/NCE passes at Merit level in relevant fields in addition to ‘O’ level requirement. ND must be in Upper credit level.
(xxiv) ESUT accepts ND in relevant discipline within the Faculty in to 200 level in addition to UTME requirements.
(xxv) UNILAG accepts very good passes in three JUPEB/A-LEVEL subjects: Economics and any other two (2) subjects from Accounting, Business Studies/Management, Mathematics, Geography and Statistics
You may confirm this information on Jamb Subject Combination for Business Administration on official Jamb Website
BENEFITS OF STUDYING BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION IN NIGERIA
A barchelor degree in business administration can open many doors for you . There are business administrators in every professional industry, from technology to social services. Consider your degree to be the first step in your career in:
- Social Services
- Protective Services
- Non-Profit Services
If you find this information on subject combination for business administration helpful, please share using the buttons below.
For Further Enquiry, kindly drop comment(s) in our comment box, and we shall reply you as soon as possible.