The Jamb Subject Combination for Human Resources Management will be discussed in this article. Therefore, we have brought to you the admission requirements to applying for Human Resources Management under the Faculty of Administration in Nigeria. You will see the JAMB subject combination needed to apply for the course, O’level requirements for UTME candidates, requirements such A’level, ND, HND, NCE, etc for Direct Entry candidates, as well as other information you require to successfully apply for the course.
Human Resources Management:
- Use of English
- Other relevant courses
University in Nigeria that Offers Human Resources Management
- Elizade University
Below is the jamb Subject Combination for Human Resources Management
Human Resources Management:
- Use of English
- Other relevant courses
In UTME, note that English Language is mandatory for all courses. The other three subjects required to study Human Resources Management under the Faculty of Administration in the institutions listed above are:
Mathematics, Economics plus one other subject.
O’Level Requirements for UTME Candidates
To apply for Human Resources Management as a UTME candidate, you are required to possess: Five SSCE credits including English Language, Mathematics, Economics plus any two subjects listed under the Direct Entry column. Requirements for Direct Entry Candidates
To apply for Human Resources Management as a Direct Entry candidate, you require: Two ‘A’ level passes chosen from Economics, Accounting, Business Management, Government, Geography and Statistics.
Further to Subject Combination for human resources management;-Reasons you should study Human Resources Management in Nigeria Tertiary Institutions;
In any organization or company, when a potential new employee is being interviewed, human resource professionals assess the candidate against a list of key skills and personal characteristics needed for the job. It’s time to turn the tables and see what that list of key attributes would look like for an human resources professional.
Whether you decide to do a certificate, diploma or degree in human resources management, it offers you a broader suite of knowledge that will increase your skills and understanding. If you want to be even more successful in your career, then doing a postgraduate course might help. You’ll also have the option to do a lot of short courses in how to work with people, conflict resolutions, etc. As a human resources manager/professional, having good people skills and the ability to communicate effectively will be an addition you.
A lot of companies/organizations claim that their employees are their most valuable assesr. And for this reason, effective management of human resources is essential for every company.
Human resources help in structuring teams, it builds the organizations culture and it helps people with engagement and development.
Also, the human resources management creates so many difference in improving the productivity of the employee. For each successful business, the human resources team had significantly role by driving all aspects of staff management .
Lets quickly take a look at few advantages human resource professionals bring to the workplace.
- MANAGE EMPLOYEES RECRUITMENT PROCESS; – High employee turnover hurts a company’s bottom line. It cost twice as much as a current employee’s salary to find and train a new recruit. As a human resource professional, you will know how to hire the right people for the company from the beginning. Interview employment seekers with care, not to only to ensure that they actually possess the right skills but also to check that they fit the organization/company’s culture. It is also very paramount that you outline the right compensation and benefits too. A human resource expert also need to pay attention to employee’s personal needs. You will need to discuss clear career paths too as employees would like to know the how they can grow within the company. Human resource professionals usually only see the employees where there is one or two problems but to reduce employees turnover.
- BUILDING CULTURE & VALUES – One of the major benefits of human resource management (HRM) department is to create a healthy and safe working environment which will help in bringing the best of an employee.
Creating a good working environment is the prime responsibility of the human resources (HRM) to ensure maximum productivity.
- CONFLICT RESOLUTION – Most times, conflict is somewhat inevitable as employees have different personalities, behaviors, lifestyles and work ethic. While doing the human resource management course, you will definitely be taught how to handle conflict in the workplace and how to also resolve conflict. You will also be taught how to handle situation as professionally as possible. It does not matter whether the conflict arises between employees or an employee band some in the management board. As a resource professional, you should be able to intervene the situation between both parties.
- TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT – Human resource departments conduct needs assessments for employees to determine the type of skills training and employee development programs that are required for improvement and additional qualifications. Every start up or company in a growth phase can benefit from identifying training needs for its staff. It’s less expensive to hire additional staff or more qualified candidates. This can also reduce your company’s employees turnover and improve employee retention.
- BUDGET CONTROL ASSISTANCE – It is very important for human resources to clearly define as many processes as specific projects, be it the annual pay review or the development of a new program. As an human resource professional. It’s important and helpful to understand the broad budget of a project. Human resources curb excessive spending through developing methods for trimming workforce management costs. Human resource professionals also ensure competitive and realistic wage setting based on studying the labor market, employment trends and salary analysis based on job function.
Stated above are five (5) reasons you should study Human Resources Management (HRM), however we shall not hesitate to give few tips to becoming Human Resources (HR) Professionals.
TIPS TO BECOMING A PROFESSIONAL Human Resource (HR) Person.
- UNDERSTAND YOUR PEOPLE – Understand your people, know that an HR’s role begins with empathy. Get familiar with your employees – their personal lives milestones and work anniversaries, roles caliber strength weaknesses, comfort and discomfort etc.
OTHER TIPS INCLUDE;
- Focus on the big picture.
- Become Technology Savvy
- Increase your Network
- Know your vision.
If you find this information on Subject Combination for human resources management helpful, Please share this update with colleagues, friends and associates who may need it.
For Further Enquiry, kindly drop comment(s) in our comment box, and we shall reply you as soon as possible.