The Jamb Subject Combination for Insurance will be discussed in this article, therefore we have brought to you the admission requirements to applying for Insurance under the Faculty of Administration in Nigeria. You will see the JAMB subject combination needed to apply for the course, O’level requirements for UTME candidates, requirements such A’level, ND, HND, NCE, etc for Direct Entry candidates, as well as other information you need to successfully apply for the course.
One other relevant subject
List of Universities in Nigeria that Offer Insurance.
- Ahmadu Bello University
- Niger Delta University
- Redeemer’s University
- University of Jos
- University of Lagos
- University of Uyo
Summary of UTME Subject Combination for Insurance
Writing UTME, note that English Language is compulsory for all courses. The other three subjects required to study Insurance under the Faculty of Administration in the institutions listed above are:
Mathematics, Economics and one other subject.
Special Requirements (Waiver)
- UNILAG (University of Lagos) accepts Economics, Mathematics and any Science, Social Science or Arts subject.
O’Level Requirements for UTME Candidates
To apply for Insuranceas a UTME candidate, you require: Five SSCE credit passes including English Language, Mathematics, Economics plus any two of Accounting, Business Methods, Commerce, Government, Geography and Statistics.
Special Requirements (Waiver)
- UNILAG requires five ‘O’ level credits to include English language, Mathematics, Economics and any other Science, Social Science or Arts subject.
- ABU (Ahmadu Bello University) requires five ‘O’ level credit passes including English Language, Economics, Mathematics and any other two (2) Subjects.
- NDU (Niger Delta University) requires five ‘O’ level credit passes in English, Mathematics, Economics, and any two other subjects in not more than two sittings.
Requirements for Direct Entry Candidates
- Application for Insurance as a Direct Entry candidate, you require: Two ‘A’ level passes chosen from Economics, Accounts, Business Management, Government, Geography or Statistics.
Special Requirements (Waiver)
- IMSU No Direct Entry.
- UNIUYO accepts ND/HND in relevant fields not below lower credit level and a complete pass in the intermediate examination of ICAN/ACIB.
- UNIJOS accepts:
1) Holders of HSC, GCE ‘A’ level, IJMB with passes in two relevant Social Science subjects.
2) Candidates with a minimum of lower credit in National Diploma in Business Administration, Accounting, Purchasing and Supply, Marketing and other closely related disciplines may also be considered provided such candidates satisfy the ‘O’ level credits requirements.
- UNILAG accepts very good passes in three JUPEB/A-LEVEL subjects: Economics and any other two (2) subjects from Accounting, Business Studies/Management, Government, and Geography.
- ESUT accepts ND (not below lower credit division) in relevant disciplines plus UTME requirements into 200 level.
FURTHER TO Subject Combination for Insurance
After we have discussed the admission requirements for studying Insurance in Nigerian NUC accredited universities, it is also of a great importance that we talk about the major reasons for studying insurance as a course in the tertiary institution, because this days a lot of admission seekers apply for course in the university because either their friend told them that the course is good, or their parent said it is a lucrative course and they have friends that studied it and they are making a lot of money through the course when they have graduated or several other reasons to convince a candidate to apply for a particular course.
It is quite unfair that most people that advice students to study a particular course in the university do not take their time to find out the following things before they give academic advice
- The department that the student graduated from at the college level.
- The intellectual capacity of the student.
- The passion that the student has for the recommended course.
- The possibility of excelling in a particular society after the student had graduated from tertiary institution.
- The durability of the course and the professionalism involved in the course.
As a student who is seeking admission into a tertiary institution in Nigeria, i would advise you to understand exactly what works for you academically, and know your capability in handling particular subjects. Even when you receive advice, try to adjust your way by proving what works for you. Do not be fully dependent on advice from friends and families, or perhaps relatives.
The reason i advised this is because I want you to understand that nobody will be held responsible for any mistake or regrets you might eventually face in the university after you have been offered admission. It is better you sit down carefully and understand what it entails to study a particular course that comes through your mind and know within yourself whether you can handle such a course or you cannot.
It is also important to let you know that making researches about what you want to study, thinking about how you will be professionally different after you have studied and graduated is very crucial. Have a huge focus on your CAREER OBJECTIVES which has to do with the description of your goal, what your aim is at achieving in life through your chosen career so that you can stand out in the future among employees that are seeking to work for an organization or that are competitively building career in their professional fields.
Now, let us quickly move on to the topic of Why you should Study Insurance in Nigerian Tertiary Institutions?
First, let me notify you that INSURANCE as a course in Nigeria can be studied in either Polytechnics (National and Higher National Diploma Awarding Institutions) or Universities (Degree Awarding Institutions). Studying insurance as a course in any of the Nigeria tertiary institutions gives a whole lot of benefits and helps to build a remarkable professional career. However, the fact that you studied in Nigeria will never prevent you from securing employment in any other countries all over the world. The course is competitive and it opens room for diverse global economic opportunities.
Basically, INSURANCE allows you to choose a lot of career tracks ranging from OPERATIONS, MARKETING, AGENCY PRODUCERS, FINANCE & ACCOUNTING, UNDERWRITING, CLAIMS HANDLING, INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY and many more. All these professional fields through insurance will let you support your community and economy to develop a stable industry.
Also, the field of insurance helps a lot in ensuring family and business stability through the adoption of life insurance policy by the household, and many more. The course INSURANCE is very wide, therefore building a career in it will require you to learn more deeply about it both practically and theoretically.
If you find this article helpful,using the share buttons below please share with other people who may need it.