In this article, we shall be discussing uniben courses the official list of courses offered in the University of Benin (UNIBEN) as well as the basic admission requirements for each course.
The official list of courses offered in University of Benin (UNIBEN) shall be discussed based on the available faculties in the institution and various course(s) present under each faculty.
Before we proceed on the official list of courses available in the University of Benin (UNIBEN), let us quickly talk about what ‘COURSE’ means as regard study in the university.
What does a Course means in Nigeria Universities?
According to wikipedia, In Nigeria, a Course is a unit of teaching that typically lasts one academic term, is led by one or more instructors (teachers or professors), and has a fixed roster of students. A course is usually an individual subject. Students may receive a grade and academic credit after the completion of the course.
Below is the Official uniben courses – for undergraduate programmes, arranged in Faculties and Departments.
|Faculty of Agriculture|
|Forestry and wild life|
|FACULTY OF ADMINISTRATION|
|Industrial Relations And Personnel Management|
|International Studies And Diplomacy|
|FACULTY OF ARTS|
|English Language & Literature|
|Fine Art/Fine & Applied Art|
|International Studies & Diplomacy|
|Languages & Linguistics|
|Linguistic & African Language|
|FACULTY OF ENGINEERING/TECH/ENV|
|Electrical/ Electronic Engineering|
|Surveying & Geoinformatics|
|Material & Metallurgical Engineering|
|FACULTY OF EDUCATION|
|Education & French|
|Education & Geography|
|Education & History|
|Education & Integrated Science|
|Education & Political Science|
|Education & Social Studies|
|Education & Applied Arts|
|Home Economics & Education|
|Industrial Technical Education|
|Adult Education/Economics & Literature|
|Adult Education/ Political Science & Public Administration|
|Adult Education/English Literature|
|Adult Education/Geography & Regional Planning|
|Education & Agricultural Science|
|Early Childhood Education|
|Education & Mathematics|
|Education & Economics|
|Education & Physics|
|Education & Religious Studies|
|Education & Chemistry|
|Education & Biology|
|Education & Edo Language|
|Education & Literature & English Language|
|Faculty of Health Sciences|
|Medical Laboratory Science|
|School of Medicine & Surgery|
|Medicine & Surgery|
|School of Dentistry|
|Dentistry & Dental Surgery|
|Faculty of Pharmacy|
|Faculty of Law|
|Faculty of Social Sciences|
|Sociology & Anthropology|
|Geography & Regional Planning|
|Political Science & Public Administration|
|Faculty of Management Sciences|
|Banking & Finance|
|Economics & Statistics|
|Faculty of Sciences|
|Environmental Management & Toxicology|
|Animal Biology & Environment|
|Library & Information Science|
|Mathematics & Economics|
|Library & Information Science|
|Plant Science & Biotechnology|
|Pure & Applied Mathematics|
|Science Laboratory Technology (SLT)|
Note that, the above listed courses offered in the University Of Benin (UNIBEN) are basically for undergraduate programmes alone. However, after you have known the available courses, the next line of action should be the requirements to studying each and every courses listed above so that every admission-seeking candidate of the University of Benin (UNIBEN) would know how to get their mind prepared for their admission as well as to identify the course that suit their dream.
UNIBEN COURSES REQUIREMENT FOR ADMISSION PROCESS.
- Candidates applying to the University of Benin (UNIBEN) for admission must not be less than 16 years old.
- Every Candidate seeking admission to UNIBEN must score at least 200 in JAMB (Joint Admission & Matriculation Board) to be qualified for participation in the UNIBEN Admission Screening Exercise.
- O’ Level Requirements;
For Faculty of Sciences & Engineering Aspirants- Candidates must have at least five (5) credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics, and any other relevant subjects in their WAEC (West Africa Examination Council), NECO/NECO GCE (National Examination Council ) or NABTEB (National Business And Technical Examinations Board) result in not more than two(2) sittings which could be combined. E.g Combination of NECO & NECO RESULTS or Combination of WAEC & WAEC RESULTS ( for example, if you didn’t have chemistry in the WAEC you wrote last year, and you write NECO this year and later make the chemistry, the two (2) results can be combined and will be accepted for admission process into UNIBEN.
- For Faculty of Social Sciences & Management Sciences Aspirants – Candidates must have at least five (5) credit passes in English Language. Mathematics, Economics, Accounting, Biology/any other relevant subjects in either their WAEC (West African Examination Council), NECO (National Examination Council) results in not more than two (2) sittings. E.g Combination of NECO & NECO RESULTS or Combination of WAEC & WAEC RESULTS as the case may be ( for example, if you didn’t have chemistry in the WAEC you wrote last year, and you write NECO this year and later make the chemistry, the two (2) results can be combined and will be accepted for admission process into UNIBEN.
- For School of Medicine & Surgery/Pharmacy/ Dentistry Aspirants – Candidates must have at least five (5) credit passes in English Language. Mathematics, Economics, Accounting, Biology/any other relevant subjects in either their WAEC (West African Examination Council), NECO (National Examination Council) results in not more than two (2) sittings.
- N/B – Cases of two (2) sittings O’level result acceptance are mostly rare in the admission process for all this professional courses because the rate of admission processes are highly competitive in every academic session. Even including the JAMB Cut-off requirement most time are higher than that of any other fields. Therefore candidates aspiring to get admission into these faculties are advised to get themselves extra-ordinarily prepared.
- For Faculty of Arts Aspirants – Candidates must posses not lesser than 5 credits passes in English Language ,Literature in English, Government, Economics, Biology and Mathematics/any other relevant subjects as may be required in WAEC (West African Examination Council)/WAEC GCE or NECO (National Examination Council)/NECO GCE in not more than two (2) sittings and can be combined. E.g. Combination of NECO & NECO RESULTS or Combination of WAEC & WAEC RESULTS as the case may be( for example, if you didn’t have chemistry in the WAEC you wrote last year, and you write NECO this year and later make the chemistry, the two (2) results can be combined and will be accepted for admission process into UNIBEN.
By wiki. University of Benin (UNIBEN) is a research university located in the south-southern part of Nigeria, precisely in Benin-City, Edo State, Nigeria. UNIBEN is one of the federally-owned universities and was found in 1970. The university has two campuses namely ‘Ugbowo Campus and Ekenwan Campus.
Notable UNIBEN Alumni includes Babatunde Fashola ‘Current Minister of Power & Housing’ James Ibori ‘Former Governor of Delta State, Ovie Omo-Agege ‘Senate Federal Republic of Nigeria and Many more.
UNIBEN MOTTO – Knowledge for Service
Chancellor – Sanusi Lamido Sanusi
Vice – Chancellor – Professor Faraday Orumwense
Contact us @
University of Benin, Benin City Nigeria.
Benin City, Edo State.
I am sure this article on uniben courses will help admission seekers a lot.
Please share this update with colleagues, friends and associates using any of the share buttons below.